Welcome New Atlantic City Shoe Club Launch Party Set For April 28th April 28, 2010 by cinder Filed under Announcements, Heart & Sole, Shuznews Attention Atlantic City, New Jersey, sole sisters! “As if” you needed a reason to step out in your favorite heels, here’s an event you won’t want to miss .. the launch [...]
In honor of the 20th anniversary of Christian Louboutin’s shoe line, we here at The Shoe Society felt obliged to pay homage to the king of the saucy, sexy, red-sole with 20 entertaining Loubi facts.
1. Louboutin was expelled from school 3 times and ran away from the home at the age of 12.
2. He later saw an interview of Sophia Loren during which she disclosed that her sister left school at 12 and later returned at 50 for her degree. Louboutin felt this justified his similar decision.
3. One of his favorite pastimes is trapeze flying.
4. He gets his inspiration from music halls and showgirls in odd countries like Uzbekistan.
5. In the 70’s, he went through a punk phase, starring in a French film entitled “The Homosexual Century”.
6. He has partied with Mick Jagger and Andy Warhol.
7. 1n 1976 He began designing heels after seeing an African sign forbidding women to wear stilettos.
8. In the 80’s, Louboutin gave up designing shoes to become a landscape gardener.
9. In 1991, he returned to shoe design and opened his first shop.
10. Princess Caroline of Monaco was his first client.
11. He once was quoted as saying “If Tokyo was a shoe, it would be a patent leather, shiny little bootie.”
12. Every Louboutin boutique is designed and created by the man himself.
13. His best client is Danielle Steel, who claims to have over 6,000 pairs of the famous red-soled beauties. She once purchased 80 pairs during one shopping spree-which equates to approximately 5600 seedy romance novels.
14. In 2011, Louboutin filed a trademark infringement suit against Yves Saint-Laurent, who had started selling eerily similar red-soled shoes. The case was dismissed under the grounds that one cannot trademark a color.
15. Tiffany has come to Louboutin’s defense, attempting to trademark their blue box.
16. He has been in a relationship with a landscape architect since 1997.
17. Louboutin claims one of his biggest obstacles to overcome is the female ankle.
18. He shares a 13th century castle with his business partner.
19. Louboutin claims his shoes are not designed for a woman to walk 5 city blocks, they are designed to make anyone’s leg look super long and sexy and to make a woman feel empowered.
20. During an interview for The New Yorker, Louboutin stated “When a woman buys a pair of shoes, she never looks at the shoe. She stands up and looks in the mirror, she looks at the breast, the ass, from the front, from the side, blah blah blah. If she likes herself, then she considers the shoe.”
Louboutin’s 20th Anniversary Collection goes on sale February 27th in the UK at Selfridges and will eventually drop worldwide in March. For a preview, brace yourself and click http://us.christianlouboutin.com/capsule-20ans-20years/capsule-20ans.html
Written by Shoe Enthusiast and Fashionista Brandi Endiccott new member to The Shoe Society team!
When: Friday, March 23, 2012
Where: Cape May Winery
711 Town Bank Road
Cape May, NJ 08204
Details: Admission $25 includes open bar, light refreshments, music.
21 and over only. Please wear your red heels in honor of Jennifer Ward.
Contest involves walking the pink runway. Prize given to Best in Shoe.
Come to the Cape May Winery with your RED HEELS on! This will be a great event with music, wine, refreshments, and of course, the PINK RUNWAY!
Some of the proceeds will be going to the Jennifer Ward Memorial Fund. Their mission is to place AEDs in public places, provide CPR and AED training, spread awareness of Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Heart Disease, and to award scholarship money to certain schools in the South Jersey area.
Jennifer Ward was a school teacher and was a victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest on January 7, 2005. We will be wearing our RED HEELS in her honor since she was a lover of shoes! We will also be walking the PINK RUNWAY to win the “Best in Shoe” Award!
Admission is $25 at the door. 21 and over only.
For any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
The shoe of the month is Week 2: Demi!! You can find this beauty at www.solesociety.com Neutral shade elogate legs…wear this number with a short dress and neutralize bright colors. Demi also comes in black. All shoes from www.solesociety.com are 49.95. If you would like to join use my invitation code http://www.solesociety.com/
No credit card info is needed.
Some exciting news for lovers of shoes! Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, between 8pm and 10pm, I will be on the radio live! We will be discussing The Shoe Society, upcoming events, trends for spring and summer, and up and coming shoe designers to watch out for!
It’s a South Jersey radio station WOND 1400am. You can listen live on www.wondradio.com if you do not live in the area. All members can feel free to call in and ask question 609-927-1100.
There will also be other speakers in the line up. There will be everything from fashion, beauty, and empowering women!
Hope to hear from you on air!
Join us every week to see a new shoe. At the end of the week the shoe with the most “likes” wins Shoe of the Month. Members will find out where to get it, how much and where to wear it. Don’t forget to “like” The Shoe Society Facebook page first!
Steve Madden Briliance in Purple
Iron Fist Society Suicide
New event coming soon in Cape May, NJ to raise money for the Jennifer Ward Foundation. Make sure you wear your red heels! More information coming soon!
Fashionistas Only! – Shoes, Fabulous Shoes
By: Whitney Ullman
Treat yourself to the fabulous things in life such as: shoes, accessories, fashion and makeup! Check out Fashionistas Only! by Whitney Ullman where emerging trends and the hottest tips are covered by our experts.
My flirty fabulous divas, what will you be doing for Valentine’s Day? Eating, dancing, partying? Well no matter what you do, you’ll need to go shopping. And if you’re like me, the shoe department is definitely the first stop.
Sometimes shopping for that perfect shoe is a tad bit overwhelming. Think about it. Walking into DSW your eyes get big, your heart starts pounding and excitement flows throughout your body. Ok maybe I’m slightly exaggerating but, c’mon you know that feeling when you’re surrounded by shoes!
Sometimes when there is too much variety, it’s hard to decide whether you want the sale items or the trendy new styles because both have their own respective values and purposes. In my opinion, all shoes deserve equal attention!
Well have no fret, because Fashionistas Only! by Whitney Ullman interviewed local Shoe Expert,Cristina Candullo and she is going to give you the skinny on the hottest trends for the month of February.
Before you hear these exclusive hot tips, you should also know that Cristina is the President & Founder of The Shoe Society, which is the elite shoe club for women who love to show off their shoes. So she is certainly familiar with the variety of emotions women have when shopping. Therefore it was important for her to relieve your stress and help you on your shopping journey.
Candullo is certain that the Top 5 hottest shoe trends for February are as follows:
1. Lace – This season you can’t go wrong with feminine details. Lace, however, reigns supreme. There is nothing sexier than lace over skin.(Christian Louboutin Pumps www.anychristianlouboutin.com $125.13)
(Steve Madden Vivie Platform Pump www.dsw.com $79.95)
(Promiscuous Gattaca www.zappos.com $49)
(Nine West Rocha in the color Porcini www.beso.com $65)
5. Boots with Hardware – For those of us who are not so feminine, boots with hardware are a sexy addition to your wardrobe. Buckles, zippers, studs and military inspired styles look great paired with skinny jeans.
(Aldo Groupe design in black www.aldoshoes.com $62.99)
“Universally, all shoes this season are similar despite their differences. They all have a classic element, pumps are platformed, peep-toed, and pointy-toed,” said Candullo’s, adding that if a shoe encompasses one of these styles, accompanied by one trend from above, you will have one hot outfit!
I completely agree with everything, especially with the sparkle part. If it’s shiny I love it!
So there you go. You have February all covered, now all you have to do is get out there and start shopping! Oh and don ’t forget to check out upcoming events for the Shoe Society at www.theshoesociety.net and for more advice feel free to email Cristina at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About the Author
Through her ability to establish relationships and form valuable business connections, Whitney Ullman quickly became known as The Networking Expert. She is the President of WIN Promotions USA, which provides establishments with models for their trade show and promotional needs. And she is a successful columnist and On-Air TV / Radio personality for the Atlantic City Weekly. Her many accomplishments include being elected to public office at age 29, earning the Top 40 Under 40 award, winning the emerging leader of the year award for the E-Women Network local chapter, and joining the board for The Alcove center for grieving children and their families. Whitney is an inspirational, highly motivated and ambitious woman who knows what it takes to succeed at all levels. For more information or to contact Whitney check out her website www.gotowhitney.com
New Atlantic City Shoe Club Launch Party Set For April 28th
April 28, 2010 by cinder
Filed under Announcements, Heart & Sole, Shuznews
Attention Atlantic City, New Jersey, sole sisters! “As if” you needed a reason to step out in your favorite heels, here’s an event you won’t want to miss .. the launch of the new shoe club, The Shoe Society!
What: The Shoe Society Launch Party
When: Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Where: Planet Rose in the Tropicana
Atlantic City, NJ
Step out with your gal pals to meet other shoe lovers and show off your fabulous footwear on the pink runway carpet! Enjoy a free massage, giveaways and prizes. Must be 21 or older to enter.
For more info about The Shoe Society, please visit their web site at http://www.theshoesociety.net/